Monday, January 26, 2009

Tomorrow Night!

It's a strange thing promoting a book, a very different endeavor than the solitary task of actually writing it. The hats I wear are, to say the least, quite different. I picture the writer-hat as a sort of tweedy pageboy cap a la "Oliver Twist." The public reading-hat is more like one of those hats you see women wear at the Kentucky Derby -- all flowers and netting and maybe even a little birdy perched on top. I must admit I prefer the wool cap, but every now and then it's nice to get fussy.

On that note, for anyone who is in the DC area, I'll be reading at the Barnes and Noble in Bethesda at 7 p.m. tomorrow night. Stop by if you're around and say hi!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I picked up "Two Rivers" and LOVED it. Didn't realize you had a blog until I googled you to see what else you have written. I can't wait to get my hands on your other books. Hoping your Arizona trip is grand!